Richardson Slab Leak Repair
Licensed & Insured Plumbers Providing Reliable Slab Leak Detection in North & North-East Dallas
Leaks can develop in any plumbing pipe, including those that run under your home’s concrete slab. These leaks are particularly frustrating because they are hidden under the slab and more challenging to detect. The plumbers at Dean’s Plumbing are equipped for accurate slab leak detection and slab leak repair in Richardson, TX, and throughout North Dallas and North-East Dallas.
How Slab Leaks Happen
Slab leaks can happen in many ways. In an older home, the pipe may have naturally corroded with age. Plumbing pipes last for decades, but they will eventually begin to wear out and degrade until a leak develops. The length of time pipes last depends on the pipe material and environmental conditions. There are other possible causes of slab leaks, other than age.
Slab leaks can be caused by:
- Improper installation
- Ground shifting
- Chemical reactions in the soil
- Kinked piping
Because the pipes under the slab are not easily visible, a pipe can be leaking for months, or even years, before it is detected. This can result in soil erosion and the constant leaking can weaken the slab and your home’s foundation.
An undetected slab leak can cause structural damage to your home. For this reason, it is important to identify slab leaks and schedule slab leak repair in Richardson, TX at the first sign of trouble. Learning the signs of a slab leak is the best thing you can do to avoid serious damage to your home from an undetected leak.
The signs of a possible slab leak include:
- Low water pressure – Has the water pressure decreased in your home? If you notice low water pressure in different areas of the house, it could be an undetected leak.
- Wet spots on the floor – A pipe leak under the slab may eventually reach the flooring inside your home.
- Unexpected water bill increases – Have your water bills increased without an increase in usage? This is a common sign of a hidden leak.
- Hot spots on the floor – When a hot water pipe under the slab begins to leak, you may notice hot spots on certain areas of the floor.
- Running water noises – If you hear the sound of running water, check to make sure nothing is turned on.
- Musty odors – A leak under the slab can result in mold or mildew growth. If you notice a musty or mildewy odor in your home, you may want to have a plumber take a closer look.
If you have noticed any of these signs, don’t wait to call for slab leak repair in Richardson, TX. Our licensed plumbers show up on time in fully-stocked service trucks. Our trucks are warehouses on wheels with everything needed to perform any plumbing service including accurately detect and repair a slab leak.
2-Year Warranty on Parts & Labor
Navien Tankless Water Heater Certified
Veteran & Family Owned Company